Monday 5 September 2011

Grow up folks, ‘Ugly’ is just a four letter word…

As a trusted financial consultant and a real estate investment expert who is asked a couple questions here and there about foreclosed homes ny, my conversations do generally lend themselves to those involving calm, casual and personable discourse. People ask me for my advice. I tell them what I think. If they ask me to back up what I’ve said, then I do that – in the only way I know how.

What I am saying here, folks, is that – even when I get particularly worked up trying to prove a point, and even if I happen to be real passionate about helping folks sell a house in Long Island – most of the time I find myself engaged in normal, reasonable discussions.

Well…most of the time.

In founding The Billy Alvaro Group, a network of organizations I have created that are worth over $1 billion (net, annualized), we have closed over 12,000 real estate transactions and we have helped almost as many families. Part of our success, is the fact that we don’t consider any potential real investment a bad one. Even when it comes to the sale of ugly houses…

To us, there is no home too ugly or broken down; and one time, a few years ago, I tried explaining that on the phone to an old fellow who was a distressed home owner who, quite simply, COULD NOT and would not believe that I was seriously interested in buying his home. It was an awkward conversation, and it went something like this:

Old man: “Who is this, now? I don’t like getting these prank calls, see? You kids today!”

Billy: “No, please, sir. Hear me out. I am serious, I am an investor and I want to talk to you about buying the house on Hill Street --”

Old man: “Baaaah! Investor, shmestor. No one’s lookin to buy that old house. It’s four walls and some floorboards!”

Billy: “Please, sir. If you would just hear me out--”

Old man: “Sheila Marie!” I hear him yell to someone in his vicinity, “there’s some xxxxxxx quack here on the line – says he wants to buy that old fire pit on Hill Street!”

Sheila Marie: (Muffled) “He must be a xxxxxx crazy! Hang up the phone!”

What ensued was about three or four minutes worth of argument between the two that is wholly unfit for print – I hung on as long as I could before hanging up and shrugging my shoulders.

The point is, that even if you are sure that your ugly house has little value, the fact is that you are wrong. An experienced real estate investor, with a strong working knowledge of how to sell a house in Long Island – an investor who understands the impact of the myriad foreclosed homes (NY) and what it means to the marketplace – can help you sell your ugly house. No matter how dilapidated, broken down and worthless it may seem to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment