Tuesday 20 December 2011

‘Sell house as is’ not a bad way to go


I get a lot of folks who come to me for advice about selling their homes, and then, when I give it to them, they say something like, “Yeah, Billy, but we’re not quite ready to sell. We just wondered…” Let me say this right here and right now. If you are now prepared for action, then you are not prepared. Not only should a struggling home owner be aware of the fact that selling might be a good idea, they need to acknowledge the fact that, sometimes, ‘sell house as is’ is a great approach that can save home owners a lot of time and aggravation.

As one of the top all house buyers in the state of New York, I spend a fair amount of time advising and consulting with struggling home owners from all walks of life. One thing that can be frustrating is working with folks who will try to find excuses, and other reasons for delaying the inevitable.

Last month, I had a nice lady working with me who was desperate to sell a house she had inherited from an aunt. The house was in severe disrepair, and this woman wanted to spend three weeks (and three thousand dollars!) to try and improve the condition of the house, in preparation for a sale, in a short period of time.
When I told her that a ‘sell house as is’ solution was the best route, she frowned at me and started making her case…

“My friend told me to make easy improvements…”
“I think we can get more for it if we just….”
“Nobody is going to want to buy this house ‘as is’…”
“Can’t we just paint the front?”
I had to stop her, right then and there.

The fact is (as I explained to her) sometimes we get the most value by not having to dedicate a ton of time and resources to something. Sometimes, the best thing we can do is to just make a decisive action, quickly, even though there is always the possibility of drawing things out for days or months or years…
When I suggest a ‘sell house as is’ solution, it is always for a reason. As someone who has been an all-cash house buyer going on 20 years, I can say with certainty that a ‘sell house as is’ solution can be a good approach. No matter the condition of your house, no matter if there’s no Certificate of Occupancy, and no matter how ugly your house is, or how much crap is cluttering the basement, you can move onward and upward with a ‘sell house as is’ solution.  

To learn How to sell your long island house fast for cash at a fair price go to http://www.maxreturnsrei.com/blog/sell-house-as-is/ or call us toll free at 1-866-249-7072 x 555

0 comments:

Post a Comment